The Ultimate List of Reasons Why You Need SEO
Categories / SEO By Rabi Kumar
In this digital era, the attention span of consumers searching for information has now come down to seconds. Except for a very few enthusiastic and persistent searchers, no one looks beyond the first few searches on search results. According to a recent study, nearly 40 percent of all click-throughs go to the first 3 organic ranked positions and 30 percent of all results on page 1 and 2 don’t get clicked at all. It is not an exaggeration when I say, if your website is not in the top 3 in google search, you’ll be losing more than one-third your business to your competitors.
Knowing how to rank higher is essential for any business. Here is the ultimate list of reasons you need to understand why you need to deploy Search Engine Optimization SEO for your business.
- SEO Is Not Optional; It’s Essential: The word ‘optimization’ has an ambiguous connotation to it. Any process can function without proper optimization, but when it comes to your website, it is absolutely essential. Building a great website will be of no use if the SEO is ignored or improperly implemented. If your site is not rankingon the first page, you better rethink your decision in not investing in SEO.
- SEO Saves Your Advertising Costs:Google is the best advertising platform in the history of the internet, and the results page is the canvas, which is visible to anyone, anywhere. The sites that rank at the top will get most views, visitors and conversions. The sites at the top would need minimal advertising costs if any. To rank at the top is an achievement. All the traffic that comes to your website after SEO is organic and natural. This method has the potential to reduce your advertising costs by thousands, even lakhs.
- Adds Trust and Credibility to Your Website:Trust and credibility are correlated to User experience is a fact. With suitable SEO mechanism, enhancing the UX will go a long way in building user trust. Another reason is that people tend not to trust the ads they see. They tend to trust the first three search results on google and are likely to visit them. Getting organic visitors will build trust and credibility to your website.
- SEO Adds Weapons to Your Best Salesman- Your Website: Your website is your best salesman – omnipresent and omniscient. If there was a way to make him stand out from the rest, would you not take it? SEO is the best weapon in your arsenal for your website. Frankly, not understanding the benefits of SEO and not implementing it is just foolish.
- SEO Is Measurable: Traditional adverts like billboards and print ads do not give you sales metrics in real-time, and they are not accurate. By employing SEO techniques, you can not only measure your traffic and conversions accurately but also do it in real-time so that you will not miss out on demand.
- SEO Can Be Tailor-Made for You: Many marketing techniques are ‘one-size-fits-all’, but SEO is different. It is woven into the DNA of your website and is unique to yourself. This reduces the scope of imitating your strategies by your competitors.
- SEO Gives You a Better Return Than Paid Traffic:While it is true that implementing SEO has an upfront cost, which is higher than paying for adverts, but this is the case only in the beginning. Over time, your SEO costs will come down while what you pay for advertisements may go up. On the other hand, the traffic you get by ranking better is of more quality than paid traffic. So, instead of looking at it as a marketing cost, consider this as a long-term investment on your best salesman.
- Better Chance of Conversion:As I mentioned earlier, the traffic you get from organic search is focussed and of high quality. The visitors visited your website because they want to and not because of an advert. This instantly gives you an edge over your competitors as he is here to buy. This increases your chance of converting a visitor to a customer.
- SEO Disrupts the Consumer Buying Cycle: The ubiquitous nature of the internet caused a disruption in the consumer buying cycle. More and more consumers are going online to research about the product before purchasing. This provides a unique opportunity to gain the consumers right at the start of the buying process and gain their trust over their journey to purchase.
- You Don’t Have to Do It Yourself!!: Best things always come to those who wait. The best thing about SEO is that you don’t have to do it yourself. To be honest, it is overwhelming at the start – competing with big brands to fight for a position in the top 3 is no easy task. Thankfully, there are professionals who can do this for you, at a reasonable price too.
In conclusion, SEO is one of the essential tools at your disposal and focussing on it will not only increase your traffic but also the number of conversions you can make.